Sign up for SCANA Energy and receive the LOWEST price for two winters: 32.9¢/therm. Use code LOWEST by Dec. 19 to start saving.
Use code GP100 when you sign up for service with SCANA Energy.
Have you ever opened your natural gas bill and been surprised by the amount? While this is likely caused by how much natural gas you’re burning, there may be additional factors at play.
1. Fixed Charges – There are certain charges that remain constant from month-to-month – like the Atlanta Gas Light (AGL) Pass-Through Charge, which includes services for maintaining pipelines, delivering gas to your home, and reading meters.
2. Usage – This is the obvious one. The more natural gas you burn, the higher your bill will be, regardless of other factors. We have plenty of resources to help you manage your usage and save on natural gas, from winterizing your home to adjusting your natural gas water heater settings. Try these tips to start saving right away.
3. Price-per-therm – A “therm” is simply the unit of measure for natural gas consumption (and you can learn more about them in our handy FAQs). Georgia natural gas prices are typically quoted in cents per therm.
4. Late fees – While there are limits to late fees, these can certainly add up over time. The Georgia Public Service Commission (PSC) states that a late fee “shall not exceed $10 or 1.5% of the past due balance, whichever is greater.” The PSC also restricts natural gas marketers from applying any late fee to bills less than $30. But, depending on how much of an unpaid gas bill payment or overdue balance you’re carrying, these can significantly impact your bill.
5. Billing Options – The best way to avoid being surprised by a high natural gas bill is to enroll in a “budget billing” program. With budget billing, your natural gas costs stay the same each month for a year. If you’re eligible, your provider will average your 12 previous monthly bills and estimate the costs of energy for the next 12 months, then divide your predicted energy use into equal monthly payments. Instead of big natural gas bills in the winter, you can spread those expenses across the whole year and be much friendlier to your budget. If you’re a SCANA Energy customer, learn more about enrolling in our budget billing program. If you’re not a SCANA Energy customer, we’d love to serve you.
Find a rate that's perfect for you here.
Switching to SCANA Energy?
Call us at
Low income or credit challenges?
Get help from SCANA Regulated
Can't pay on time? We can help
Want to change rate plans?
Start service up to 90 days
before your move.
Want to speak with someone? Call 1-877-467-2262
Less than 3,000 therms per year? (retail shop, etc.)
Sign Up for
More than 3,000 therms per year?
The highlighted counties are eligible for fixed rates, as certain rates are not available in all locations.*
*For further information regarding availability, please call 1-877-467-2262.