Please read the following information carefully because your continued use of our website constitutes acceptance of our privacy practices.
At any time, you may choose not to provide your personal information or you may choose to discontinue your use of our website. However, if you choose to “opt-out” of providing personal information, we may not be able to provide the information or services you desire. Note also that even if you choose not to have an online account with us, we will still store some of your personal information in our billing system if you are our customer. If you choose not to provide personal information to us, we may be unable to provide you service or complete your transaction.
Personal information is information that identifies you specifically. Examples of information you may voluntarily provide to us by using this website include:
- Email address
- Phone number(s)
- SCANA Customer account number
- Bank account and/or credit/debit card numbers for online bill payment
- Social security number (full or partial)
- Other unique identifiers that you provide such as an account password
If you ask detailed questions or request specific information or services, you may be asked to supply personal information. This may include, for example, identifying topics of interest, providing home/office addresses, filling out account information for billing questions, or providing employment history on SCANA's online employment application.
As another example, you may request to receive text messages relating to your services. We will only use the mobile number you provide to transmit service information to you. Reminder, standard message and data rates may apply according to your specific cellular plan or prepaid conditions.
It is also SCANA’s expectation that users of our websites and related electronic services will refrain from using language or email addresses which could be considered offensive, slanderous, in violation of any laws or of any person’s rights or in a manner that is contrary to acceptable business practices or etiquette. SCANA reserves the right in its sole discretion to discontinue providing any or all electronic services to users of our websites.
To improve our website and to ensure we continue to provide information useful to you, we collect, through the use of "cookies" and other technologies, information such as: the number of visits to our website, the amount of time visitors spend on the website, the number of pages viewed, and the domains from which users visit our website. A cookie is an unencrypted text file that is stored on your hard drive or in your computer's memory and contains information about your webpage visit(s) and preferences. Cookies come in two types – session (for the life of your web session) or persistent (remains after your web session). We may choose to use session and/or persistent cookie technology to assist us in customizing our website's content based on your subject matter choices, to provide the information you request, and to enhance your experience on our website. Many popular browsers allow you to decide whether to refuse, accept, or delete cookies. If you choose not to accept cookies, however, some webpages may not display properly or you may not be able to access certain information.
We use your information to provide the services you request and to support our business functions. For example, we may use your information to:
- Fulfill your requests and communicate with you about those requests;
- Help you quickly find and/or receive information about SCANA or one of its affiliated companies;
- Register and service your account;
- Provide customer service;
- Alert you to our updated information and services and provide more complete services and webpage content;
- Improve the content of our website for your use;
- Protect the security of our website and our business.
SCANA does not sell or provide your personal information to unaffiliated companies for commercial purposes unrelated to SCANA's businesses. SCANA may, however, share personal information for legitimate business purposes, including without limitation, the following:
- Sharing information with SCANA's subsidiaries and affiliates, unless prohibited by law or regulation;
- Making information available to third parties and/or service providers who are providing the product(s), service(s), or information you requested. These third parties are not allowed to use the personal information except for the purpose of providing these product(s) and/or services;
- Making information available to third parties who are providing service(s) to SCANA or its subsidiaries or affiliates (for example, third-parties performing credit card processing, credit reporting agencies, electronic bill payment services, or debt collection services). These companies are authorized to use your personal information only as necessary to provide these services to us;
- Undergoing business transitions; in the event SCANA experiences a business transition, such as a merger or acquisition, or selling a portion of its assets, personal information will, in most instances, transfer as part of the assets;
- Forming a good-faith belief that disclosure of information is necessary to protect the rights and property of SCANA, and/or its affiliates or other SCANA customers; or,
- Disclosing information when allowed or required by law or regulation or when our legal counsel has a good-faith belief that a subpoena or court order requires the disclosure.
We use reasonable information security safeguards and techniques to protect the information you provide. When users submit sensitive information via this website, the information is protected both during transmission and in storage. SCANA uses prevailing information technology industry practices to protect personal information from loss, misuse, alteration, and destruction. Such measures include the use of firewalls, encryption, and secure socket layers to protect sensitive transmissions of information received. In some areas of our website, we require a user ID and password to access certain information. To protect information off-line, access to the information you provide is limited to those who specifically need it to conduct their business responsibilities. Your information is stored on secure servers protected inside controlled facilities.
Unfortunately, no information can be guaranteed to be 100 percent secure, so we cannot give an absolute assurance the information you provide to us will be secure at all times.
SCANA does not have any responsibility whatsoever for the secure and effective operation of a) your computer systems (including but not limited to desktops, laptops, handheld devices, and networks), or b) any software installed on your computer systems, that you use to access this website and any SCANA services. Please employ reasonable security practices to any computer system or software you use to connect to our website, including:
- Protect your password as described below;
- Maintain (via updates and patches) the most current versions of your computer system, including your operating system, software, web browsers, and browser plug-ins;
- Install and update anti-virus software on all of your computer systems;
- Do not click on suspicious links, or open attachments from mysterious senders, and beware of email messages or websites requesting your personal information;
- Browse the internet securely.
SCANA does not disclose passwords to third parties; however, you are also responsible for maintaining the privacy and security of your account number, user ID, and password. We strongly urge you to guard the confidentiality of your user name and password. Do not give your password to anyone, especially if asked to do so in an email or a phone call. Do not share your user name and password with any third party or any third party services, or use your password with any other website. Your password is your first line of defense against unauthorized access to your account. If your password is compromised, your information can be misused. Please take precautions to protect your password. If you believe your password has been compromised, please contact us immediately.
If you wish to know the personal information we have obtained from you through the use of this website or if you believe we have obtained inaccurate information about you through your use of our website, please contact us using the information provided in the "Contact Information" section below.
In some cases, we may contact you to let you know about new products or services that may be of interest to you. If you do not wish to be contacted by us for this purpose, you may “opt-out” of receiving such information by contacting us using the information in the "Contact Information" section below.
For convenience, we offer you the ability to link to and view pages of websites not operated or controlled by SCANA (e.g., weather and financial information). You should be able to tell you have linked to a non-SCANA website because we inform you with appropriate notice or the link launches a separate webpage. SCANA and its subsidiaries do not monitor or control the content or the privacy practices of these non-SCANA websites and are therefore not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of linked external websites. When using a link to a non-SCANA website, we recommend you review the privacy practices and policies of the external website.
220 Operations Way
Cayce, SC 29033-3701
Attention: Corporate Privacy Office (MC B111)
Last updated: July 23, 2015