This is a regulated charge that Atlanta Gas Light (AGL) bills each gas marketer, including SCANA Energy. Each month AGL bills us a base charge for all SCANA Energy customers of record as of the 20th of the month. We, in turn, “pass through” this charge to our customers. The AGL Pass-through Charge is based on several factors including:
- AGL Customer Charge: A fixed monthly fee from AGL for gas connection to your home or business.
- Ancillary Service: A charge for AGL to read your meter.
- Dedicated Design Day Capacity (DDDC): A charge that covers costs for AGL to deliver gas to your home or business based on your demand on the system on the coldest day of the year.
- Peaking Service: A charge that covers the fixed cost for AGL to operate company-owned above ground storage facilities for liquefied natural gas and propane operations. This service does not apply to all customers.
- Social Responsibility Fee: A fee that covers the cost for AGL to provide a low-income senior citizen’s discount to eligible customers.
- Environmental Recovery Fee (ERF): A fee that covers expenses related to AGL’s cleanup of former manufactured gas plant sites.
- Pipeline Replacement: A charge that covers the cost for AGL to replace all bare steel and cast iron pipe gas pipelines on their system within Georgia.
- Franchise Recovery Fee (FRF): A charge to cover the fees paid by AGL to local governments for the use of public rights-of-way for its natural gas lines and other facilities.
- Customer Education Fee: A fee to cover the costs for AGL to provide non-biased consumer education pertaining to natural gas deregulation.