SCANA Energy is honored to support many charitable organizations and causes throughout Georgia. We’re involved with groups that are working to improve the lives of every resident of the state, from the very young to senior citizens.
At SCANA, we believe that now, more than ever, we must continue to be a good corporate citizen and take a leadership role in helping solve some of the issues facing our communities and do everything we can to strengthen them – by investing in our community we improve the quality of life for everyone. It’s not just because it’s good business. It’s because it’s the right thing to do.
SCANA Energy is proud to partner with organizations such as:
- 21st Century Leaders, expanding the number, skills and diversity of Georgia's future leaders.
- American Cancer Society, working to save lives and create a world with less cancer and more birthdays.
- Boys & Girls Clubs of Metro Atlanta, saving and changing the lives of children and teens by providing a safe, positive, and engaging environment and programs that prepare and inspire them to achieve Great Futures.
- Captain Planet Foundation, giving the next generation of environmental stewards an active understanding and love for the natural world in which they live.
- Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta, enhancing the lives of children through excellence in patient care, research and education.
- Children's Restoration Network, restoring life's possibilities to Metro Atlanta's homeless children and mothers since 1993.
- Clark's Christmas Kids, providing gifts for children in foster care across Georgia.
- EarthShare of Georgia , conserving and protecting our air, land and water in Georgia.
- Fernbank Museum of Natural History, inspiring life-long learning of natural history through immersive programming and unmatched experiences to encourage a greater appreciation of our planet and its inhabitants.
- Georgia Coalition for Physical Activity and Nutrition, improving the health of all Georgians by combating overweight, obesity, physical inactivity and chronic disease.
- Gwinnett County Public Schools Foundation Fund, Inc., providing financial resources to enrich and enhance education in Gwinnett County Public Schools.
- Habitat for Humanity, seeking to eliminate poverty housing and homelessness from the world.
- Heating Energy Assistance Team, providing home energy assistance for Georgians in need.
- Neighbors Helping Neighbors, you can help less fortunate Georgia residents pay their heating bills by donating as little as $5 to this winter's campaign.
- Susan G. Komen for the Cure, supporting the organization’s mission to cure breast cancer at every stage.
- The Empty Stocking Fund, empowering parents and guardians of children living in poverty by providing them with an opportunity to give their children gifts at Christmas time.
- The Georgia Ballet, promoting ballet performance and training, fostering an increased public awareness and appreciation for dance.
- United Way of Metropolitan Atlanta, including its 2-1-1 program, which provides energy assistance to hundreds of thousands of individuals.
- United Services Organizations (USO) of Georgia, providing support services to our troops and serving over 400,000 individuals within Georgia.
- Woodruff Arts Center, bringing great art of all eras and cultures to Atlanta through performing and visual arts.
SCANA Energy is committed to making a positive difference in the communities we serve.